Download CUET UG Business Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF for Class 12
You can read and download CUET 2023 UG Business Studies Syllabus PDF. The link to the pdf is given at the bottom of the page, you can download it in both languages, i.e., in English as well as in Hindi. CUET 2023 UG Business Studies paper code is 305.
BUSINESS STUDIES – 305
Note: There will be one Question Paper which will have 50 questions out of which 40 questions need to be attempted.
Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management – concept, objectives, importance.
- Nature of management; Management as Science, Art, Profession.
- Levels of management – top, middle supervisory (First level).
- Management functions – planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
- Coordination – nature, and importance.
Unit II: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management – meaning, nature and significance.
- Fayol’s principles of management.
- Taylor’s Scientific Management – Principles and Techniques.
Unit III: Business Environment
- Business Environment – meaning and importance.
- Dimensions of Business Environment – Economic, Social, Technological, Political, and Legal.
- Economic Environment in India; Impact of Government policy changes on business and industry, with special reference to the adoption of the policies of liberalization privatization, and globalization.
Unit IV: Planning
- Meaning, features, importance, and limitations.
- Planning process.
- Types of Plans – Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget, Programme
Unit V: Organising
- Meaning and importance.
- Steps in the process of organizing.
- Structure of organization – functional, and divisional.
- Formal and informal organization.
- Delegation: meaning elements and importance.
- Decentralization: meaning and importance.
- Difference between delegation and decentralization.
Unit VI: Staffing
- Meaning, need, and importance of staffing.
- Staffing as a part of Human Resources Management.
- Steps in the staffing process.
- Recruitment – meaning and sources.
- Selection – meaning and process.
- Training and Development – meaning, need, methods – on-the-job and off-the-job methods of training.
Unit VII: Directing
- Meaning, importance, and principles.
- Elements of Direction:
– Supervision – meaning and importance
– Motivation – meaning and importance, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives.
– Leadership – meaning, importance; qualities of a good leader.
– Communication – meaning, and importance, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication.
Unit VIII: Controlling
- Meaning and importance.
- Relationship between planning and controlling.
- Steps in the process of control.
- Techniques of controlling.
Business Finance and Marketing
Unit IX: Business Finance
- Business finance – meaning, role, objectives of financial management.
- Financial planning – meaning and importance.
- Capital Structure – meaning and factors.
- Fixed and Working Capital – meaning and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit X: Financial Markets
- Concept of Financial Market: Money Market – nature instruments;
- Capital market: nature and types – primary and secondary market.
- The distinction between capital market and money market.
- Stock Exchange – meaning, functions, NSEI, OCTEI, Trading Procedure.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – Objectives, Functions.
Unit XI: Marketing
- Marketing – meaning, functions, role.
- The distinction between marketing and selling.
- Marketing mix – concept and elements:
- – Product – nature, classification, branding, labeling, and packaging
- – Physical distribution: meaning, role; Channels of distribution, – meaning, types, factors, determining the choice of channels.
- – Promotion – meaning and role, promotion mix, Role of Advertising and personal selling; objections to Advertising.
- Price: factors influencing pricing.
Unit XII: Consumer Protection
- Importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer rights.
- Consumer responsibilities.
- Ways and means of consumer protection – Consumer awareness and legal redressal with special reference to the Consumer Protection Act.
- Role of consumer organizations and NGOs.
Unit XIII: Entrepreneurship Development
- Concept, Functions, and Need.
- Entrepreneurship Characteristics and Competencies.
- Process of Entrepreneurship Development.
- Entrepreneurial Values, Attitudes, and Motivation – Meaning and Concept.