CUET 2023 UG Geography/Geology Syllabus for class 12 Download PDF
Students can read and download CUET 2023 UG Geography/Geology Syllabus PDF. The link to the pdf is given at the bottom of the page, you can download it in both languages, i.e., in English and Hindi. CUET 2023 UG Geography/Geology paper code is 313.
Fundamentals of Human Geography
Note: There will be one Question Paper with 50 questions, out of which 40 must be attempted.
Unit I: Human Geography: Nature and Scope
Unit II: People
- Population of the world – distribution, density, and growth;
- Population change-spatial patterns and structure; determinants of population change;
- Age-sex ratio; rural-urban composition;
- Human development – concept; selected indicators, international comparisons.
Unit III: Human Activities
- Primary activities – concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agriculture and allied activities – some examples from selected countries;
- Secondary activities – concept; manufacturing: agro-processing, household, small scale, large scale; people engaged in secondary activities – some examples from selected countries;
- Tertiary activities – concept; trade, transport, and communication; services; people engaged in tertiary activities – some examples from selected countries;
- Quaternary activities – concept; knowledge-based industries; people engaged in quaternary activities – some examples from selected countries.
Unit IV: Transport, Communication, and Trade
- Land transport – roads, railways – rail network; trans-continental railways; • Water transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes;
- Air transport – Intercontinental air routes;
- Oil and gas pipelines;
- Satellite communication and cyberspace;
- International trade – Basis and changing patterns; ports as gateways of international trade, the role of WTO in International trade.
Unit V: Human Settlements
- Settlement types – rural and urban; morphology of cities (case study); distribution of megacities; problems of human settlements in developing countries.
India: People and Economy
Unit I: People
- Population: distribution, density, and growth; composition of the population – linguistic, religious; sex, rural-urban, and occupational – regional variations in the growth of population ;
- Migration: international, national – causes and consequences;
- Human development – selected indicators and regional patterns;
- Population, environment, and development.
Unit II: Human Settlements
- Rural settlements – types and distribution;
- Urban settlements – types, distribution, and functional classification.
Unit III: Resources and Development (Periods 30)
- Land resources – general land use; agricultural land use – major crops; agricultural development and problems, common property resources;
- Water resources – availability and utilization – irrigation, domestic, industrial, and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods – rainwater harvesting and watershed management (one case study related to participatory watershed management to be introduced) ;
- Mineral and energy resources – metallic and non-metallic minerals and their distribution; conventional and non-conventional energy sources;
- Industries – types and distribution; industrial location and clustering; changing pattern of selected industries – iron and steel, cotton textiles, sugar, petrochemicals, and knowledge-based industries; impact of liberalisation, privatisation, and globalisation on industrial location;
- Planning in India – target area planning (case study); the idea of sustainable development (case study).
Unit IV: Transport, Communication, and International Trade
- Transport and communication — roads, railways, waterways, and airways; oil and gas pipelines; national electric grids; communication networking – radio, television, satellite, and internet;
- International trade — changing pattern of India’s foreign trade; seaports and their hinterland and airports.
Unit V: Geographical Perspective on Selected Issues and Problems
- Environmental pollution; urban-waste disposal;
- Urbanisation-rural-urban migration; problem of slums;
- Land Degradation.
What is the Syllabus of CUET UG Geography/Geology 2023?
The syllabus of CUET UG Geography/Geology 2023 is according to the latest pattern of NTA CUET UG 2023, Students can read and download the Geography/Geology syllabus from here – Click Here
How many Questions will be asked in CUET UG Geography/Geology Paper 2023?
There will be one Question Paper with 50 questions, out of which 40 must be attempted.